Biblical Truth — God has revealed himself in the Bible. The Bible is God-inspired truth that tells the story of God’s redemptive work in history, and it is foundational to our spiritual lives. Everything we believe and do at RMBC is therefore rooted in biblical teaching. (Ps. 19:7-14; John 17:17; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:21-22)
What We Do
Rocky Mountain Bible Church exists to make, grow, and send disciples of Jesus Christ for the advancement and enjoyment of God’s glory. (Matt. 28:16-20)
What We Value
Our Core Values
- Biblical Truth
- The Glory of God
- The Gospel of Christ
- Christian Community
- Spiritual Growth
The Glory of God — God’s glory is the greatest good of God’s people. God is the only proper object of worship, and he alone is supremely satisfying and worthy. God does all things for his glory, so we strive to do the same with hearts that love, honor, and rejoice in God. (Ps. 63:1-5; Matt. 22:27-28; 1 Cor. 10:31; Eph. 1:3-14; Rev. 4:11; 5:11-14)
The Gospel of Christ — God’s saving grace and power are found in the gospel, and this good news of Jesus Christ is the central message of the Bible. All of our values are founded on the gospel and infused with a passion for it. This same gospel saves us initially, transforms us daily, and secures us eternally. (Luke 24:25-27; Rom. 1:16-17; 8:28-39; 12:1-2; Gal. 2:20; 6:14; Eph. 4:1-7; Col. 2:6-7)
Prayer — God’s work can advance only by God’s power. We can do nothing without Christ, so we devote ourselves to prayer, humbly seeking God’s power through God’s Spirit to carry out God’s work. Prayer is an essential part of our relationship with God. In prayer we worship God, confess our sins, thank God for his gifts, cast our cares on him, intercede for others, and express our trust in God. (Ps. 127; Zech. 4; Matt. 6:5-13; John 15:5; Acts 1:8, 14; 2:42; 4:23-31; 13:1-3; Rom. 8:26-27; Heb. 4:16; 1 Pet. 5:5-7)
Christian Community — God has shown us love and grace in Christ, so we are committed to showing one another love and grace at RMBC. God has adopted us into his family and united us to one another as members of Christ’s body. Such community is a vital part of how we grow to be more like Jesus. (Rom. 8:14-17; 1 Cor. 12:12-27; Eph. 2:1-10; 4:1-32; Heb. 10:19-31)
Spiritual Growth — God’s goal for all Christians is to conform them to Christ’s image. By the energy God provides, we labor to see Christ formed in every believer at RMBC, and out of Christ’s rich provision, we make every effort to grow in our faith and confirm our calling and election. We emphasize the Bible, prayer, and Christian fellowship as essential means of God’s transforming grace. (Acts 20:32; Rom. 8:28-29; Eph. 4:7-16; Col. 1:28-29; Heb. 4:16; 2 Pet. 1:3-11)
Missions — God is on a mission to glorify himself by redeeming people from every people group. We join in his mission by making disciples of Christ in our own community and sending out others to make disciples around the world. As ambassadors for Christ, we clearly, lovingly, and boldly call people to be reconciled to God through personal repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as the only Lord and Savior (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 13:1-14:28; Rom. 15:18-33; 2 Cor. 5:14-21; Rev. 5:9-10; 7:9-10)
What We Want to Be
A Spiritual House
You yourselves, as living stones, a spiritual house, are being built to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5).
- We strive to make Christ preeminent in our singing, praying, preaching, and giving.
- We prayerfully pursue the joy and power of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
- We long for ever-increasing delight in an ever-deepening relationship with God.
- We eagerly seek joyful, reverent worship as we gather on Sundays.
- We hunger for holy lives that are Bible-saturated and gospel-powered.
Psalm 63:1-5; 119:11, 97; Matthew 22:27-28; Luke 10:38-41; John 4:24; 5:39; Acts 2:42; 4:23-31; Romans 6:1-14; 7:18; 8:12-13; 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 3:9-17; 6:18-20; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; 8:1-9:15; Galatians 5:16-26; Ephesians 1:3-14; 2:1-10, 19-22; Colossians 3:16-17; 1 Peter 2:4-10; 1 John 2:15-17
A Growing Body
Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another (Romans 12:4-5).
- We strive to grow in unity around Christ and his gospel, not around personal preferences, opinions, hobbies, or traditions.
- We yearn to grow in love that bears one another’s spiritual and physical burdens with genuine care.
- We want to grow in service as we use our Spirit-given gifts to build up the church.
- We aspire to grow in Christlikeness by lovingly speaking and living the truth toward one another so that we can be Christ’s hands and feet in this world.
Matthew 28:16-20; Romans 12:4-5, 15; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Galatians 3:27-28; 6:1-2, 10; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:16; 3:6; 4:1-16; Philippians 2:1-4; Colossians 1:18, 24; 2:18-19; 3:11; 2 Timothy 2:2; Titus 2:1-15; Hebrews 3:13; 10:24-25
A Loving Servant
I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another (John 13:34-35).
- We strive to be servants of Christ characterized by Jesus’ self-sacrificial love and humility.
- We proactively seek the good of others at any cost and without any distinction, loving our neighbors with the forward-moving, outward-looking love of Christ.
- We want to make a difference in our community through creative involvement that leaves a legacy of gospel love.
- We pursue authentic, redemptive relationships in which we can love, serve, and share truth like Jesus.
Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-40; Luke 10:25-37; John 10:11-18; 13:1-35; Acts 3:1-6:7; Romans 12:9-21; 1 Corinthians 4:1; 9:19-23; 13:1-7; 2 Corinthians 5:11-21; Galatians 6:10; Ephesians 4:1-6; Philippians 2:1-11; 1 Peter 2:11-12; 5:5
A Rescuing Army
On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not overpower it (Matthew 16:18).
- We strive to storm the gates of hell to rescue the lost.
- We want to value God’s kingdom over our comforts and embrace the sacrifices and risks necessary to take the gospel across the street and around the world.
- We long to be a Spirit-empowered army that advances through darkness and difficulty on our knees.
- We seek to be Christ’s soldiers, characterized by his love and compassion for the lost.
- We desire to take initiative to be close friends of sinners, make disciples, and walk side-by-side with new believers as they grow spiritually.
- We aspire to train and deploy other “military units”—to send and support local and international church planters as God allows.
Matthew 9:35-38; 16:18; 28:16-20; Mark 11:22-26; Acts 1:8; 13:1-14:22; Romans 8:12-13; 16:20; 2 Corinthians 8:1-9:15; 10:3-5; Ephesians 2:1-10; 6:10-18; Philippians 2:25; Colossians 2:15; 2 Timothy 2:1-4; Hebrews 2:14-15; 10:13; 1 Peter 2:11; 2 Peter 3:18; Revelation 2:1-3:22